Saturday, January 2, 2010

Challenge Number One



I'm taking the A to Z challenge from http://2010atozchallenge.blogspot.com/ hosted by Becky. I learned of it from a great blog -- http://www.findyournextbookhere.com.

I have chosen the Read 26 books in order alphabetically by author. (I reserve the right to swap out as appropriate). These are the 26 that I have chosen:

A -- Allende, Isabel, Portrait in Sepia
B -- Brown, Dan, The Lost Symbol
C -- Crichton, Michael, The Andromeda Strain
D -- Dubus III, Andre, House of Sand and Fog
E -- Elliot, Anna, Twilight of Avalon
F -- Flaubert, Gustave, Madame Bovary
G -- Gregory, Phillipa, The Constant Princess
H -- Hardy, Thomas, Tess of the d'Ubervilles
I -- Iles, Greg, The Devil's Punchbowl
J -- Jordan, Chris, Taken
K -- Kostova, Elizabeth, The Historian
L -- LeCarre, John, The Little Drummer Girl
M -- Meyer, Stephanie, The Host
N -- Niffenegger, Audrey, The Time Traveler's Wife
O -- Orczy, Baroness, The Scarlet Pimpernel
P -- Powell, Julie, Julie and Julia
Q -- Quindlen, Anna, One True Thing
R -- Robotham, Michael, Shatter
S -- Seybold, Alice, The Lovely Bones
T -- Tolstoy, Leo, Anna Karenina
U -- Unger, Lisa, Beautiful Lies
V -- Voltaire, Candide
W -- Wells, Rebecca, Ya-yas in Bloom
X -- Malcolm X, The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Y -- Yates, Richard, Revolutionary Road
Z -- Zafon, Carlos Ruis, The Shadow of the Wind

I tried to balance new and old, books from the can't wait to read list and the I should read list. So let's see where the reading takes me. I am hoping to join other challenges but one step at a time, right?

5 comments:

  1. I love to read. My daughter actually put a "books I've read this year" column on her blog. I've read one so far this year. I read it in 3 days. It was excellent. I read "Street Lawyer" by John Grisham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Street Lawyer is a great book. I really enjoy Grisham tales. I fly through them, as well.

    I'm enjoying my "A" book. I just wish I had more time to read without my kids interrupting me constantly. It messes with the flow.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read too! I have read dan browns quite a few!! Nice choice..

    www.myyatradiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love to read lot
    good collection

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your choices. Seems like a lot of sad books though. ;) House of Sand and Fog is intense!

    ReplyDelete